Few Western New York bridges earmarked for repairsNovember 26, 2021
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Despite possessing 18 bridges in Erie County regarded as to be structurally deficient, only a handful of NYS Thruway Authority owned bridges will be seeing repairs anytime shortly.
The 7 Eyewitness News I-Staff obtained a list of Thruway money assignments proposed by means of the state’s finances for the following numerous a long time.
The Thruway Authority Board of Directors has the means each December to modify, amend, increase or clear away objects from a five year listing of projects.
In total, just two Western New York bridges are on the docket to be changed.
New York State Senator Tim Kennedy is pushing for a bridge on the checklist, situated on Grand Island, to be fixed quicker than originally proposed.
The complete approximated design benefit of area bridge repairs about the future three decades is $109 million.
Regional bridges provided on the state’s list for design include things like:
- Ransom Road Bridge in excess of Thruway – Alternative
- Chautauqua Creek and Hawley Road Bridges – Rehabilitation
- Thruway Bridge more than Scajaquada Creek – Retaining Wall Stabilization
- N. and S. Grand Island Bridges – Retrofit/Mend Roller Bearings, Pins and Hangers
- South Grand Island Bridges – Routine maintenance Cleaning
- North Grand Island Bridge – Metal Repairs
- N. and S. Grand Island Bridges – Upkeep Cleaning
- Different Buffalo Bridges – Bridge Preservation
- Thruway Bridges over Erie RR – Rehabilitation
- Many Buffalo Bridges – Portray
- Weiss Street Bridge above Thruway – Removing
- N. and S. Grand Island Bridges – Servicing Cleaning
- Beaver Island Point out Parkway more than Thruway – Alternative
- N. and S. Grand Island Bridges – Portray