MassDOT Touch-A-Truck in Northampton SaturdayMay 16, 2022
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is web hosting a “Touch-A-Truck” party Saturday in Northampton.
The child-pleasant event is free and open up to the public from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. found at the MassDOT headquarters on 811 North King Road in Northampton. The MassDOT is holding the party as aspect of the Nationwide General public Works 7 days to highlight the price and requirements of general public performs projects.
“MassDOT is glad to bring back again the statewide “Touch-A-Truck” function to rejoice Nationwide Community Performs 7 days,” said MassDOT Freeway Administrator Jonathan Gulliver. “This event is an interactive way to demonstrate just how large or special some of the tools utilised to preserve our highways or examine our bridges are.”
Statewide assignments carried out by MassDOT through the year use parts of gear, complete organizing, creating, handling, and enhancements to make certain basic safety on roadways.
There will be 15 pieces of products such as a dump truck, loader, tractor, and additional for persons to interact with.
- Loader attachments (snowblower)
- Tow Plow
- Mowing attachments
- Dump Truck
- Bucket Truck
- VMS with Cam
- Arrow Boards
- Targeted traffic Attenuator
- Raise Truck
- Bridge Inspection (Inspector 62)
- Flat mattress
MassDOT will be open up to the community Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the following locations:
- District 1 Headquarters Lenox
- 270 Primary Avenue, Lenox, MA 02140
- District 2 Headquarters Northampton
- 811 North King Road, Northampton, MA 01060
- District 3 Headquarters Worcester
- 499 Plantation Parkway, Worcester, MA 01605
- District 4 Headquarters Arlington
- 519 Appleton Avenue, Arlington, MA 02476
- District 5 Headquarters Taunton
- 1000 County Road, Taunton, MA 02780
- District 6 Milton Depot
- 73 Granite Avenue, Milton, MA 02186