April is Distracted Driving Awareness Thirty day period and South County Fire encourages drivers and passengers to support hold roadways safe from preventable crashes by pursuing these strategies:
- Set absent your cell phone if you really do not need to have it for navigation.
- Use capabilities on your cell phone that transform off notifications though driving.
- Use hands-cost-free features (but only if they really don’t result in you to eliminate focus to the street).
- Don’t take in or drink while driving.
- Travellers can help by not creating distractions for drivers.
- If you see a thing, say one thing. A research of teen motorists found 90% would set away a distraction if questioned by a peer.
“The good news is a state analyze exhibits 91% of us travel distraction-totally free. Having said that, with hundreds of hundreds of vehicles driving in our local community every single day, that leaves hundreds who nonetheless drive distracted,” said Shawneri Guzman, South County Fireplace outreach supervisor. “Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the street at all situations to avoid crashes.”
South County Fireplace will be sharing protection facts to increase awareness and market distraction-free driving on social media through the thirty day period of April. The regional hearth authority also teamed up with the Lynnwood Law enforcement Section and Snohomish County Goal Zero for a movie highlighting substantial-hazard locations like construction zones and school zones in which drivers want to fork out excess attention. The online video can be seen on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gQoVN-LSZiE.
South County Fireplace gives hearth and crisis healthcare products and services to 270,000 inhabitants of Brier, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and unincorporated South Snohomish County.