The very last time we covered Max Biaggi and his Voxman Wattman electric powered bike, he experienced just set a new land velocity file for electric motorcycles at 254 mph (408 km/h). But apparently even that wasn’t fast enough for Biaggi.
Now the bicycle and its speed-chasing rider have returned to thrust the envelope even even further.
The bike — which is really three bikes in streamlined, partially streamlined, and typical sort — was designed to be the fastest electric motorcycle in the world. It’s cooled by dry ice and takes advantage of a 317 kW (425 hp) motor and 15.9 kWh battery.
Although that motor is all over four periods as powerful as most flagship electric powered bikes such as the Zero SR/F and Harley-Davidson LiveWire, the battery ability is about equal to today’s leading consumer electrical bikes. The significant change is that the Voxan Wattman consumes substantially of its battery energy in a few operates, as opposed to most consumer electric powered bikes that can trip for hrs.
By modifying the motorcycle with various ballasts and fairings, it can in good shape into many various categories for record attempts.
Late final month on a disused NASA place shuttle runway at the Kennedy Place Centre in Florida, the Voxan Wattman made use of that ability to snatch up a whole of 19 new environment records for a variety of sorts of pace runs in unique classes.
The most amazing of all is possible the new report set in the “partially streamlined electric bike below 300 kg” class.
In accordance to Jalopnik, not only did the Wattman reach a two-way normal pace of 283.182 mph (455.737 km/h) for the report, but the onboard GPS really clocked the bicycle peaking at over 290 mph (466 km/h).
The two-way average is the number that goes in the record guides, even though, changing the earlier report of 253 mph (407 km/h) that had been established by the bike just last yr.
Though it definitely doesn’t do it overall justice, you can get a perception of what those speeds had been like in the video clip beneath.
Biaggi also established a quantity of other remarkable velocity documents, including an unfaired 228 mph (367 km/h). Which is a whole lot of wind slamming into you without a slippery fairing all-around the bike!
Here’s a comprehensive checklist of the new information:
Below 300 kg course
- 1 mile, traveling start, partially streamlined: 454 km/h (282 mph)
- 1 mile, flying start off, non-streamlined: 368 km/h (228 mph)
- ¼ mile, traveling start, partially streamlined: 293 km/h (182 mph)
- ¼ mile, traveling start, non-streamlined: 285 km/h (177 mph)
- 1 mile, standing begin, partly streamlined: 273 km/h (169 mph)
- 1 mile, standing start, non-streamlined: 260 km/h (161 mph)
- 1 km, standing start off, partially streamlined: 223 km/h (138 mph)
- 1 km, standing commence, non-streamlined: 219 km/h (136 mph)
- ¼ mile, standing get started, non-streamlined: 156 km/h (96 mph)
- ¼ mile, standing start off, partially streamlined: 149 km/h (92 mph)
Above 300 kg class
- 1 km, flying commence, partially streamlined: 408 km/h (253 mph)
- 1 mile, flying start off, partially streamlined: 404 km/h (251 mph)
- 1 mile, traveling get started, non-streamlined: 367 km/h (228 mph)
- 1 km, traveling start out, non-streamlined: 364 km/h (226 mph)
- 1 mile, standing start, partially streamlined: 255 km/h (158 mph)
- 1 km, standing start, partly streamlined: 216 km/h (134 mph)
- 1 mile, standing start, non-streamlined: 216 km/h (134 mph)
- ¼ mile, standing begin, non-streamlined: 153 km/h (95 mph)
- ¼ mile, standing start, partly streamlined: 142 km/h (88 mph)
That was 1 occupied 7 days!
FTC: We use cash flow earning vehicle affiliate inbound links. Far more.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive movies and subscribe to the podcast.