PARK Town, Utah — With main snow expected afterwards this 7 days, it’s a good time to put together for winter season driving conditions.
Under are some good methods:
Down load the Utah Division Of Transportation (UDOT) traffic app, together with genuine-time info, it exhibits specifically in which snowplows are and the place they’ve been over the very last half hour.
The NOAA site exhibits present weather ailments, forecasts, warnings, and advisories.
TownLift has embedded UDOT targeted traffic cams to present reside feeds from all over the location, like Parleys Summit and the Cottonwoods.
Discover about the UDOT Cottonwood Canyons sticker method.
- Give on your own additional time.
- Sluggish down! Folks driving far too rapidly is the principal result in of crashes in the winter.
- Prevent brief stops, commences, and turns. Speed up bit by bit, brake gently, and don’t transform swiftly.
- Boost your pursuing distance. You want extra distance to properly halt when it is moist, snowy, or icy.
- Use more warning when altering lanes. Snow and slush can variety ridges between lanes that can be seriously slippery and can pressure you to shed control — avoid them if attainable.
- Really do not use cruise manage.
- Carry objects in your automobile to support in an emergency (master far more).
- Don’t crowd the plow! Really do not tailgate snowplows on the highway and test not to move. If you actually have to move, use severe caution and by no means go on the right.
- Remain back again at least 200 feet. Subsequent a plow far too closely can end result in a broken windshield or damaged paint.
- You can report an problem with a snowplow by contacting 801-965-4000 or emailing [email protected]
Discover a lot more on the Utah Division of Public Safety’s website.